“With friends and family who are homosexual, the Christian narrative tends to be ‘love the sinner, hate the sin.’ But when someone’s identity is so interwoven with their sexual orientation, this message doesn’t work. Can you share a better way of thinking this through?”
We’ve all heard someone say it: Love the sinner, hate the sin. But is it kind? Is it even biblical? In a culture where sexuality is so closely intertwined with identity, cliches like this one often end up hurting the ones we want to love. Listen in as Juli shares a more compassionate, biblical approach.
Want to learn more about building relationships with LGBT+ individuals?
- “Rethinking Sexuality” by Dr. Juli Slattery
- Java with Juli #166: We Are All Sexually Broken
- Java with Juli #363: Why Are Christians Afraid Of the LGBT+ Conversation?
- Java with Juli #378: How One Church Learned To Embrace the Beauty of Broken
- Java with Juli #248: Gay Girl, Good God: Jackie’s Story