Theologically, the connotations of romance associated with God’s desire for His people don’t feel quite right. Can you help me understand how to find this in Scripture?
It feels odd, at first, to think about your relationship with God in terms of the romance and intimacy between newlywed lovers, but that’s exactly the illustration and language that we find in the Bible. In this video, Juli begins to tug on the thread of this romantic and passionate imagery that runs throughout the scripture, but you’re going to want to keep going!
Here are some great resources to follow up with:
- What the Purpose of Your Sexuality, Really?
- #160: Why God Created You to Be Sexual
- Java with Juli #313: The Greatest Love Story with Christopher West
- Rethinking Sexuality by Dr. Juli Slattery
- Our Bodies Tell God’s Story by Christopher West